Kevin Hart Won MVP of the NBA’s Celebrity Game at 5’4″ Tall, Plus 9 Other Facts
by Marie Seva
Kevin D. Hart , actor, comedian and star of Real Husbands of Hollywood, plays a comic version of himself in the BET series. He starred in films, such as Think Like a Man Grudge Match, Ride Along, and About Last Night. He also released the comic albums, I’m a Grown Little Man, Seriously Funny, and Laugh at My Pain. Here are some additional pieces of information about the Real Husbands of Hollywood star:
1. Born on July 6, 1979 in North Philadelphia, PA, Kevin Hart, along with his brother Robert Hart, was raised mostly by his mother, Nancy, as his father, Henry, was a drug addict who frequented the jailhouse.
2. Having a father who brought them constant pain was actually a primary influence on his chosen line of career. Hart turned to humor to cope with the agony and hurt he had been going through during his childhood days.
3. Hart first introduced himself as “Lil Kev” as he was beginning his career as a stand-up comedian.
4. Speculation has it that his height has much to do about his modesty. Hart stands five feet and four inches tall.
5. He didn’t have success knocking at his door in the early years of his career. He had nerve-racking experiences which could have derailed him toward another line of business. He experienced receiving boos from his audiences until he left the stage. And he even got a piece of chicken thrown at him. Luckily, the tenacity in his spirit kept him going.
6. ABC gave him a break when he was given his own sitcom, The Big House, in 2004. The story’s plot of a well-to-do young man having to leave his home in Hawaii and retreat to some relatives in Philadelphia because of being identified with embezzlement activities just didn’t appeal much to the audiences. It only ran six episodes.
7. Kevin first met Torrei (who is also a comedian), in her college years. After love blossomed, Kevin and Torrei then tied the knot on the 22nd of May in 2003. Out of their union, they had two children, Heaven Leigh and Hendrix. Later, however, they filed for a divorce. They currently have joint custody of their children. Kevin’s intentions for a joint custody was said to have been to prevent his wife from receiving funds from him.
8. Hart got arrested in April 2013 for drunk driving. He was speeding at 90 mph with his black Mercedes nearing impact with a gas tanker truck along the Southern California freeway. Patrol officers said, “Mr. Hart had objective signs of intoxication and was unable to perform the field sobriety tests.” Kevin admitted to being intoxicated and considered the incident as a wake up call.
9. Hart was ejected from the NBA Celebrity All-Star Game in 2012 because of two personal fouls which drove him to scream obscenities, yell at a female referee, take off his jersey, and throw a shoe across the court. Despite the incident, he, however, was still named MVP, scoring eight points and having had six assists.
10. Hart won the BET Best Actor award in 2012. He also won the NAACP Entertainer of the Year award, as well as the NAACP Best Actor in a Comedy Series award in 2014. He dedicated the last two to his beloved mother, who, at that time, had just recently passed away.
Powered by Facebook Comments